Recently, we devoted some space to tips for successful TV interviews. Demonstrating good verbal and nonverbal communications is important. So is appearance.
Clothing and makeup are also important when it comes to on-camera interviews. You don’t always get advance notice, but if you do, follow these guidelines.
- Blues, tans, and grays are best
- Blue or pastel shirts
- Appear in an outfit that explains your profession (e.g. teachers, doctors, construction workers, businessmen).
- Don’t wear sunglasses outside or photogray glasses inside. They make you look as if you're hiding something.
- Reds, grays and blues are acceptable colors for women.
- Avoid sexy or frilly outfits.
- Avoid clunky or glittering jewelry. They are distracting.
- Don't wear too much lipstick. Use a shade that looks natural.
Tags: Public Relations, PR, Media by Sistrunk