Sunday, January 29, 2006

War reporting and how it affects the journalist's family

Woodruff follow-up

Lee Woodruff, freelance writer and wife of ABC News anchor Bob Woodruff, wrote an article in 2003 while her husband was in Iraq as a war correspondent. Lee wrote about the impact of her husband's dangerous assignment on their family on Health.com.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Bob Woodruff; photographer Doug Vogt, who was also seriously injured; and their families and colleagues.

Related: Iraq: Journalists in Danger

Tags: , , , , ,

4 comments:

Meadow said...

My prayers are with them and their families.

AsianSmiles said...

Amen to you and Goddess' prayers.

Alina said...

I cannot imagine how I'd feel in such a position. I just hope it will never be my case. In the mean time, all my prayers for these families!

Weird, in a period of my life, I wanted to be a war correspondent, but have never pictured myself as a war correspondent's wife or friend...I think this is even harder.

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Goddess, AsianSmiles, Alina: Of course, updates continue on this story. Among them: stories by ABC News and the Detroit Free Press.