Friday, August 05, 2011

European tours

I've reached a stage in my life when I want to travel more. For years I've dreamed of going on a few Europe tours. Countries that intrigue me include Spain and Portugal. Exploring the Iberian Peninsula might include checking out the world famous Prado Museum in Madrid, and touring the Moorish Alfama Quarter in Lisbon.

For the romantic in me, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to visit France. I also see Italy tours in my future. In Italy I'd rather tour the roads less traveled. One relaxing and colorful possibility: checking out the country roads of Tuscany and Umbria. I've love to slow down and discover some of Italy's smaller towns. Perhaps I'd even get a chance to explore a restored palace. Sampling Tuscan cuisine would definitely be on my must-do list.

Our own country has some beautiful destinations. My friend Jim, who travels extensively, has nothing but praise for Alaska tours. I've seen the photos he has taken. The landscape is simply breathtaking. From what I hear, my itinerary should include riding the Denali Express train so that I can experience the spectacular scenery where wildlife thrives.

As long as I'm checking out the western United States, I might as well enjoy the tropical climate promised by our youngest state, Hawaii. Everyone I know who has traveled there tells me that I must make this trip. I hear that each island offers unique experiences. A trip to paradise works for me.

-------------------------------

2 comments:

EXSENO said...

Don't forget Greece.
I envy you. Every time the movie
'Under the Tuscan Sun' comes on I wish I could hop on a plane and go there.
So when you decide to go on you tours, tell me all about it when you get back. I'll just have to live through your words.

I would enjoy that.

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

EXSENO! I would love, love, love to go to Greece. It would be so cool if we could go together. :-)
Thanks for stopping by.