Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Zenni Optical: Seeing straight on a budget

I’m ready to update my look. No, I’m not talking about buying a new dress or adding to my shoe collection. I need to buy a new pair of eyeglasses.

I want my eyewear to make a fashion statement. And in these economic times, I want to make that fashion statement on a budget.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a helpful New York Times story that offers some great advice on choosing prescription glasses. As I scanned the article, my eyes stopped when I got to the part about comparison-shopping. For me, the tip of the day came when I clicked on the link that displayed eyeglasses on the Zenni Optical website. What a find!

There are so many great styles to choose from that won’t break my pocketbook. I really don’t follow fashion trends. I just pick what’s right for me. It didn't take long for my eyes to lock on the ones. They're stainless steel, just what I need. I didn’t even have to deliberate about the color. I love purple, and these frames come in a purple/silver color. The cost – under $30. Perfect!

Check out Zenni Optical. The company sells its own manufactured frames directly to the customer, so there’s no markup. The pricing and broad range of styles will surprise you.

2 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

Since I only need mine for reading I can pick them up at the drugstore for $20 or less. Consequently I have about 375 pairs kicking around the house and in my car. So, I want to see you in your new glasses. I think women look well in specs.

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Ian: A lot of people don't realize that I wear glasses because I don't wear them all the time. I'm not sure if you'll ever see me in specs, but it's nice to know that you think women look good in them. :-)