Sunday, December 24, 2006

Pinoy Christmas

Holiday celebrations in the Filipino tradition

I miss is AsianSmiles, one of my dearest online friends. Although she is no longer blogging, she remains on my "A" list when it comes to writing about culture. When I came across her 2005 post, "A Pinoy Christmas," I was instantly intrigued, especially when my Filipina buddy made this declaration:

Allow me to make an unofficial, unstudied but undisputed announcement – Filipinos have the longest Christmas celebration in the world.
Using a bit of humor, AsianSmiles wrote a charming post about holiday tradition. Her post also carried a link to a website with some beautiful Christmas images, such as the Filipino star lantern pictured above. If you're game for a colorful look at Christmas according our Filipino friends, click here.

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: