Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Offbeat News

Headlines you might not see

'Underneath' Blog on Judges Is Prosecutor (Associated Press)
The author of a sassy blog about the federal judiciary, "Underneath Their Robes," is no longer cloaked in mystery, and it turns out it's a federal prosecutor.

Cop May Lose Job for Dressing As a Woman (Associated Press)
You can't call this top cop a plainclothes policeman - not after he appeared on television in a canary-yellow dress, sporting dark red lipstick, matching nail polish and a nose ring.

Burglar Tries to Hide in Oven (Associated Press)
A former employee who attempted to burglarize a Speedway Restaurant apparently didn't know any good hiding places.

Selling this stuff will be like swimming upstream (Reuters) - For beverage connoisseurs tired of turkey-and-gravy or green-beans-and-casserole flavored sodas, there's a new choice being offered this year by specialty U.S. soda maker Jones Soda Co.: salmon.

With thanks to The Associated Press and Reuters.

5 comments:

letter shredder said...

thanks for visiting my blog. i really appreciate it. and expect me to back... i love the updates that u have. i'm a journalism graduate so, somehow, we can communicate from the same wavelength

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Letter Shredder, thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be visiting you often because I enjoy your site. It's cool that we have some common interests.

Alina said...

I don't get it, salmon? If you like salmon, wouldn't you rather eat it? I could never get this pleasure of having drinks that taste like food, unless food means fruit or vegetables (like carrots or tomatoes, not beans!). Maybe I'd have a different opinion after trying it, or not.

Trucker Bob said...

I've hauled loads of Jones soda and have tried some of their flavors. NUFF SAID! ;-)

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Kayla, I don't get it either, any of it.

Trucker Bob! Because you've tasted some of these drinks, you can give us a first-hand account! C'mon, Bob. Inquiring minds want to know! Don't ignore me, Bob. I'll come over to your site and hound you. LOL